After getting married and living in Chattanooga for three years, we moved back to SC in 2005. It was not exactly a planned move on our part but Rob's job was changing and it opened up an opportunity to be closer to family. There was plenty of uncertainty, but we were amazed as God worked out the details as we followed his leading.
These last nine years have brought lots of growth and change to our lives. We have learned a lot about ourselves and what it means to live in community with other believers. We have seen job changes, children, and ministry opportunities (both in the US and internationally).
Looking back at these things I can see how God has grown us individually and as a couple. What we didn't fully realize was just how much he was preparing us to take on our next adventure.
College was a big time of growth for me spiritually. I look back with fondness and remember two ladies in my church who took time to spend with college girls...to share the gospel and prepare them for the next season of life. Even though I come from a great loving family, these ladies gave me another picture of what it can look like to be a faithful employee, wife, and mom.
I'm excited about following their example and being that for college students. I am excited about spending time with college girls and walking with them in their everyday lives. Moving to Clemson will allow them to see our everyday lives too. Have I had my "moments" when I think about leaving a house I love, great neighborhood, schools where we have so many friends, etc.? Yep...I have.
But the excitement of being able to share the story of what God's been teaching me the last 14 years and the opportunity to be a part of what he is doing in Clemson far outweighs my fear or need for comfort.
Like the two women I was able to watch and walk alongside, I pray that God would use me and our family to give these girls a vision for how God might choose to use them beyond college...what it means to be a woman created in God's image...and to live on mission with a savior who loves them more than they know.
No comments:
Post a Comment