Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday - Bathrooms!


Wow! It is hard to believe it is only Monday!!! It feels like we have been working for a week at this point. We started the morning with a hearty breakfast of eggs, gallo pinto (beans and rice mixed), tortillas, coffee, and fresh pineapple juice. A highlight for many of us is the fresh fruit juice. It is hard to describe well but it is delicious.


Today's project was bathrooms...

While Mike, Bob, and I continued to work on the crater we created yesterday in one bathroom...(note the dark hole between Bob's feet. That is the raw sewage line...that later Mike and Bob were up to their elbows in.)

...Nate and Don began making gopher holes in the other (looking for the water and drain lines underneath). They had much more luck than we did and Nate seems to have the golden touch. They located the pipes, ran new drain and supply lines, and had them cemented over in one day. They will probably be laying tile tomorrow. He has been cranking out so much work that the rest of us are a little jealous.

Meanwhile Bob continued to diligently pour over the crater as we carefully chipped away at more concrete, dug a little more dirt, planned for the lines we were planning to run.

It was a great feeling at the end of the day to have the hole in the drain pipe covered, the drain lines run, and everything backfilled. Tomorrow we get to finish pouring the underlayment and maybe even lay a little tile...maybe...

They even broke out the Gumby award for Bob in honor of his diligence and persistence with the crater!!! It was well deserved...he is tired.

On a different note...I have to share a real bright spot on my trip. I took the family camera with me so I could update this blog. I thought Steph has downloaded all the pictures off of the SD Card...but when I plugged the card into my computer...I had this face greeting me.
I have made it my background!

No comments:

Post a Comment