Thursday...moving day! We have 2 days to go and a lot of tile to lay. We are all starting to slow down a little...backs, knees, and shoulders are starting to get really sore. Breakfast is accompanied by Aleve or ibuprofen.
Nate and Bob got all the knee work laying tile. Most of my day was spent in this position...marking and cutting tile and feeding it to the guys.
Bob had the right...
Nate had the left...
...at the end of the day, we had 2 nice new showers.
...and 5 really tired guys (this one's for you Charlie)!
The rest of the story.
Another highlight was getting to call home. Skype is a wonderful thing! I talked to Steph and Zac for about 30 minutes. Steph said that on Monday morning Zac wanted to know where I was...so she printed off a map. She put Zac, Olivia, and herself on it at our house and me on it in Nica (that's me with the hammer). She said he can't wait to show it to everyone that comes by. After we talked awhile he said, "Daddy, I'll put on my Nicaragua shirt and come get you." He was referring to the Nica baseball shirt that bought him 3 years ago...and that FINALLY fits. That will make a Daddy smile!
For those of you following daily, we lost internet access after this. So the rest of the posts I had to update after I got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment